Lady N's Stuff

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
Lady Nerevar
P:C Legend

Re: Lady N's Stuff

Postby Lady Nerevar » 26 Aug 2011, 19:26

Inspired by Rev, here's a quick photocomp/paintover of the Niben, as seen looking out from the Imperial City.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 26 Aug 2011, 21:07

Yep, I like the prospect of such a Nibenay Valley. Especially since it is so radically different from Beths Cyrodiil. What do you think of the slum-area on the left? I still have difficulties imagining Cyrodiil with such slums, would change the character of the whole province quite radically.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 26 Aug 2011, 21:10

I think Cyrodiil is likely to have at least some slums, especially in places like the Imperial City, but those buildings are too modern. The landscape is nice, though.

Lady Nerevar

Postby Lady Nerevar » 26 Aug 2011, 21:51

Slums on water have always characterized the outer IC for me. The Imperial City is the biggest on Tamriel, I can't see it being nothing but pristine buildings. I've always envisioned it as an amalgam of styles, ranging from white Ayleid-revival, to sturdy wood-and-brick Colovian styles, to straw and stilts shanties on the water, all punctuated by the ruins of half a hundred Imperial Cities.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 26 Aug 2011, 21:55

I would also love to see a mixture of styles all seeming organic in the IC. The problem is pulling that off in a proper manner. If it is doable I am all for it as it makes perfect sense.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 26 Aug 2011, 22:07

Yeah, I like that idea as well. The IC is a huge place (according to lore, at least) so there's plenty of room for different architectural styles. We could even show cultural differences between the different districts (e.g. some Merish influences in the areas with a large Elven population).

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 26 Aug 2011, 23:18

I take it the structure in rocks in the mid to lower-left is supposed to represent one of the rock-carved Ayleid ruins? If so, only issue I have is the rocks should probably look more whitish.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Revenant

Postby Revenant » 28 Aug 2011, 14:42

I think it looks great.
As far as getting everything to work well together is concerned; We're looking at a place that doesn't have one unified look, due to it's history and the open Nibenese mindset regarding other cultures, so we should be embracing all the variation on offer.

We could help it read well together in game by our usage of colour schemes, flags, awnings, lanterns an' shiz throughout the variously styled areas.

Previous

Return to Concept Art