Elven Armor Concepts

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
Revenant
P:C Legend

Re: Elven Armor Concepts

Postby Revenant » 04 Oct 2011, 08:00

Any chance we can get them narrowed down a bit by you lot offering suggestions for which of them you like? I have personal favourites but it'd be good to know what the general concensus is.

Praedator
P:C Reviewer

Postby Praedator » 04 Oct 2011, 08:45

Tarius wrote:I have feathers sitting on my shelf in my room that say otherwise. I am not sure how old they are, but I would have to guess at least 20 years if not more. Of course, feathers that are actually in use and are going to be touched and what not, those may not last very long compared to ones that are just sitting somewhere. Yes of course bugs could come and eat stuff, but if something is stored away that may not happen.
However, one of the worst things feathers can be exposed to is water. Once they get wet, they can start to decay quite rapidly, assuming they stay wet of course(yes birds get wet, but they also grow new feathers and the decay isnt nearly that fast). Repeatedly getting wet will shorten their lifespan as well.

If you keep feathers on a shelf not much can happen indeed. However feathers on an armor which is worn will not last long.

And yes water is bad, most waterfowl has a special gland to cure them, ever seen ducks pushing their bills towards their rectum and preening the feathers? That is the gland.

So yes you can keep feathers longer if well treated/conserved, would they know, possibly, possibly not.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 04 Oct 2011, 11:50

Revenant wrote:Any chance we can get them narrowed down a bit by you lot offering suggestions for which of them you like? I have personal favourites but it'd be good to know what the general concensus is.

I like the greaves and cuirass from 8, the helmet and feathery skirt-thing from 88, and the boots and bracers from 88888. Perhaps the feathery skirt could be an optional add-on, like the Imperial skirt in vanilla?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 04 Oct 2011, 20:20

Praedator wrote:If you keep feathers on a shelf not much can happen indeed. However feathers on an armor which is worn will not last long.

And yes water is bad, most waterfowl has a special gland to cure them, ever seen ducks pushing their bills towards their rectum and preening the feathers? That is the gland.

So yes you can keep feathers longer if well treated/conserved, would they know, possibly, possibly not.

Yes, I know that ducks do preening. I live in an area with alot of water, seen many ducks and other birds. Essentially they spread oil around on the feathers which helps to keep the water out.
If you ever come across a peacock, dont try to approach it, they will attack, as my brother found out one time. hah (There is a peacock feather sitting around here)
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 04 Oct 2011, 21:17

why? me and my mate chased peacocks when we were younger :P

and goats.. cows.. once a bull.. swans..

:/

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 05 Oct 2011, 08:36

Any chance we can get them narrowed down a bit by you lot offering suggestions for which of them you like? I have personal favourites but it'd be good to know what the general concensus is.

The way I look at it right now it should be either 4x8 or 1x8.
The boots and bracers in 4 have an interesting structure and give me an alien feeling in general. I'm not sure yet how good they will look as actual armor though. If they don't work I would take those from 1.

It would probably be supercool if you could additionally make the helmet from 4. But all of this should be corrected by someone with a clearer view, if I'm completely mistaken.

Let me say that this is a totally badass concept. And I gotta get my ass lifted to do something for P:C aswell now, gotta finally fix a few grapes for one :/

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 05 Oct 2011, 22:35

8888 is my overall favorite. To me it looks to be the most functional set that you might see actually used in battle by a warrior type. 88 and 888888 look very Shamanistic and for ceremonial armor (88 being for a male priest and 888888 being a priestess perhaps?) they would be absolutely wonderful. Those three are as narrow as I personally can go with this awesome concept, with 8888 being the one that I would most like to see if only one could be had.
Project Coordinator

Revenant
P:C Legend

Postby Revenant » 09 Oct 2011, 23:52

Thanks Helena, Worsas and SamirA for being so specific.

Helena, aside from the bits from 88 you had it identical to how I like it personally :)

I'll get a finished concept for this up soon.

Osidian
P:C Modder

Postby Osidian » 31 Oct 2011, 19:23

Revenant wrote:Image

For those who didn't see this on IRC a while back.
/IRC plug

I only saw this today, it's awesome!

My favorites are the 1st and the 5th.
I would love to have two helms for this armor: the one from 8888 (more practical) and one of the bird skull ones (ceremonial?).
I am no salmon – Dagon

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 31 Oct 2011, 22:15

Since total posts are at 4000, and mine are at 999. I am choosing this thread to be post 1000 and put us over 4000 posts since moving to this site!

Osidian your helmet suggestions pretty much echo my sentiments exactly.
Project Coordinator

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 01 Nov 2011, 03:48

SamirA wrote:Since total posts are at 4000, and mine are at 999. I am choosing this thread to be post 1000 and put us over 4000 posts since moving to this site!

IT'S OVER ONE THOUSAND!!!!

:party:

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 01 Nov 2011, 03:56

DJGamer wrote:
SamirA wrote:Since total posts are at 4000, and mine are at 999. I am choosing this thread to be post 1000 and put us over 4000 posts since moving to this site!

Trying to make a mem on purpose doesnt count.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 01 Nov 2011, 04:08

Tarius wrote:
DJGamer wrote:

Trying to make a mem on purpose doesnt count.

Meme.

And I wasn't trying to make one, I was trying to invoke an existing one indirectly. :nyansheo:

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 01 Nov 2011, 05:54

DJGamer wrote:Meme.

And I wasn't trying to make one, I was trying to invoke an existing one indirectly. :nyansheo:

Invoking a mem doesnt work unless its exact.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 01 Nov 2011, 06:01

Tarius wrote:

Okay, I get it I get it.

MEMES-DON'T-WORK THAT WAY!!!

(Did I invoke that second one properly?)

Seriously though we need to get on making 5,000 more posts to get the total post count up to...well, you know. :nyansheo:

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 01 Nov 2011, 06:15

DJGamer wrote:
Tarius wrote:

Okay, I get it I get it.

MEMES-DON'T-WORK THAT WAY!!!

(Did I invoke that second one properly?)

Seriously though we need to get on making 5,000 more posts to get the total post count up to...well, you know. :nyansheo:

Argueing over a mem in this off thread topic is a good way to get posts up isnt it?

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 01 Nov 2011, 07:21

Btw, it IS spelled meme as far as I'm aware-the second "e" makes the first a long "e" and renders itself silent. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I've ever seen the word spelled out but I'm pretty sure it isn't spelled "mem"-because that would be pronounced "mehm"-and every time I've heard the term spoken it's been like "meam" (which could also be a possible spelling but I believe I've seen it spelled "meme" at some point). Anyway we're getting waaaaaaayyyy off-topic at this point.

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 01 Nov 2011, 19:45

DJGamer wrote:Btw, it IS spelled meme as far as I'm aware-the second "e" makes the first a long "e" and renders itself silent. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I've ever seen the word spelled out but I'm pretty sure it isn't spelled "mem"-because that would be pronounced "mehm"-and every time I've heard the term spoken it's been like "meam" (which could also be a possible spelling but I believe I've seen it spelled "meme" at some point). Anyway we're getting waaaaaaayyyy off-topic at this point.

Hahahahahahahaha
hahahaha
hahaha
I was spelling it wrong on purpose so it would get to you. Those hahas are what happened when I read this. hahaha

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 01 Nov 2011, 23:00

Tarius wrote:
DJGamer wrote:Btw, it IS spelled meme as far as I'm aware-the second "e" makes the first a long "e" and renders itself silent. Come to think of it I'm not sure if I've ever seen the word spelled out but I'm pretty sure it isn't spelled "mem"-because that would be pronounced "mehm"-and every time I've heard the term spoken it's been like "meam" (which could also be a possible spelling but I believe I've seen it spelled "meme" at some point). Anyway we're getting waaaaaaayyyy off-topic at this point.

Hahahahahahahaha
hahahaha
hahaha
I was spelling it wrong on purpose so it would get to you. Those hahas are what happened when I read this. hahaha

I half-expected that since I doubted the fact that I was attempting to correct you the first time would've flown over your head. My question is did you mean to misspell it the first time or has this been your plan all along?

DJGamer's Mod Projects

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 03 Nov 2011, 22:22

Ok guys, lets get this thread back on topic. This is for discussion on the wonderful eleven armor concepts created by Revenant.
Project Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Concept Art