Sancre Tor

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Sancre Tor

Postby SamirA » 29 Jan 2014, 16:53

One last piece for the day and this is by far the biggest stretch of them all. Sancre Tor was once a powerful fortress/city of the Reman era in Cyrodiil. In Oblivion it was just a slightly larger ruin. We have the ability to make it something more spectacular especially since the Colovian Highlands lack a major city. The plan is to connect Sancre Tor to the barrow region that will be in the CH sort of like and anchor point to the desolate and ghostly landscape. What better way to do so than to do Sancre Tor justice as a ghostly ruined city? Here is an image I though evoked the right feeling and even has some of the classical elements we use in our Cyrodiils architecture showing how one style could have followed the other.
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Keldon-Megolith-70040250
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Sancre Tor

Postby Tarius » 29 Jan 2014, 23:11

Hmm, do you think having residents would be a good idea?
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 29 Jan 2014, 23:20

As in legitimate residents? No, not really. Bandits and the like? Sure. Plenty of reason to have it sparsely lit and twinkling like a a starry beacon for those out in the barrow wilds at night.
Project Coordinator

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 30 Jan 2014, 00:13

There should be at least some residents. It's one of the most holy places in all of Cyrodiil, and has been of importance to each of the three empires: it's the burial site of Alessia and the Remanites, Talos found the Ruby of Kings there, etc. There should be at least some priests tending to shrines and the like, amenities for pilgrims. There could still be dangerous zones, but bandits would actually be out of place: if there's one ruin the empire would at least try to keep clean, it's this one. Defenses put in place by the Empire, like legalized undead, could be appropriate here.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 30 Jan 2014, 00:16

Interesting thoughts Infragris. That could make for a really interesting locale.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 31 Jan 2014, 00:33

Hmm thought I mentioned that. I meant undead residents. Like actual ones that would talk to you.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 31 Jan 2014, 01:34

How about two cities? A shanty town of inns and hostels for pilgrims and tourists, and then a walled-off Forbidden City type deal populated by the undead and Reman priests.

Griff
P:C Modder

Postby Griff » 31 Jan 2014, 02:35

I think It should be a ghost gate type deal where there is a small outpost with npc's and the such, That warn you of the dangers beyond. this outpost would consist of a small temple and a place where people can rest. Maybe the hire of mercenary's for the pilgrims who dare go beyond the outpost etc..

Return to Concept Art