Sutch Concepts

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Sutch Concepts

Postby SamirA » 29 Jan 2014, 16:41

While I am on this concept art kick I ran across some images of things that could be useful for Sutch. The first image is one that shows a rough idea of what I was envisioning from our talks about a city in a canyon with a river running through it.
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Twin-Gorges-117714826

This piece might be useful in seeing how to make basic shapes for Sutch buildings. The buildings shown here seem very much like something that could be modularized as we like our buildings and yet they have the design elements that say Hammerfell at the same time.
http://djahal.deviantart.com/art/Babahoud-67419522
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Re: Sutch Concepts

Postby Worsas » 30 Jan 2014, 21:44

I feel that the general style of Sutch should be earthier than zackgs initial models. Some visible brickwork could help. Maybe the same red clay bricks that are used in anvil and brina cross.

Sutch shouldn't look like a palace either. Insofar I only see these pictures as very vague inspiration. They deliver a few ideas that could be inporporated in some way or the other but nothing more. Unless one has a more concrete idea on the particular look of houses, I'll just come up with something once I'll get to working on them.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 30 Jan 2014, 21:47

No this is all just basic shapes and ideas.
Project Coordinator

MoonAndStar
P:C Reviewer

Postby MoonAndStar » 30 Jan 2014, 23:23

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 31 Jan 2014, 17:25

We have also been using such heavily rectangular towers at Karthwasten at SHOTN. I think that could be a nice idea to add similar (not too big) towers around here too.

If this is going to be a cliff-town as intended by zackg, I don't know if there is going to be very much space for towers, though. If I'm not mistaken this is not intended as a large city either.

If we retexture my big grass boulders at SHOTN, we could easliy create not too obvious terrain ceiling above the buildings.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 31 Jan 2014, 17:51

The towers could run up/halfway into the cliffs. It would give interiors some freedom to expand into the cliff face, too.

Return to Concept Art