References for clothing etc

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
gro-dhal
P:C Modder

References for clothing etc

Postby gro-dhal » 22 Dec 2013, 19:55

I'm looking over European folk costume for ideas, and I really like the clothing of the Sami people of Scandinavia. I understand you're looking at a more muted colour palette, but the high collars of the men's clothing looks really nice and there's a practicality and simplicity about the outfits that suggests Colovia to me.

The combination of a long robe and a fur hat in this Estonian man's costume seems like a decent merchant or mayor's outfit for the Colovian highlands. We know they like fur hats...

If these styles could be combined with features that suggest ancient Rome- the diagonal fabric of a toga worn over the top, for example, I think we could have a really distinctive and unique Colovian costume style.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Re: References for clothing etc

Postby Infragris » 22 Dec 2013, 20:12

Hereare 56 depictions of Chinese ethnic styles. There are a couple of interesting hat styles here: a typical sort of headdress (that isn't a turban or rice-hat) would be nice for the Nibenese.

gro-dhal

Postby gro-dhal » 22 Dec 2013, 20:37

Nice. Morrowind had a notable lack of non-armour headwear, so hats could be a good way to distinguish Imperials. Something like this could work for Colovia or Nibenay.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 23 Dec 2013, 01:08

there's no (normal) way to add hats as clothing, all hats have to be armor by default (see Colovian hat, Gondolier's Hat etc.). The problem here is that a hat will always take the hair slot, so we can only add models that would plausibly obscure the hair.

MoonAndStar
P:C Reviewer

Postby MoonAndStar » 01 Jul 2014, 19:23

Image search "Thracian peltast" for some interesting Colovian clothing and armour concepts.

gro-dhal

Postby gro-dhal » 09 Jul 2014, 18:51

Return to Concept Art