Ald-Ma' Cyrod's Thingies

See our concept art and post your own if you like!
Ald-Ma' Cyrod
P:C Modder

Re: Ald-Ma' Cyrod's Thingies

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 23 Dec 2014, 01:13

nearly finished on the body, just some swirly paint unless anyone can think of specific symbols for them? clothing and jewellery up next

keep the old one for sure, be cool to have these as friendly minotaurs absorbed into nib culture, taking mortal wives and husbands to echo aless and mor
Last edited by Ald-Ma' Cyrod on 15 Jan 2015, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
"Weird is relative." - S'Rathra

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 23 Dec 2014, 02:34

Super cool. Maybe two varients on body paint- Nordic swirls, then another one with designs like in Lady N's niben clothing reference (showing their shared Nord/Nibenese lineage)? On a phone so I can't find the exact one.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 23 Dec 2014, 04:08

looks like he could use some more, um, beef...

those chicken legs aren't going to be intimidating anyone. Other than that it looks good.
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 23 Dec 2014, 20:01

Or emphasize his lean physique- outline the ribcage, exaggerated definition on the muscles like there's zero body fat between them and the skin, etc. These are supposed to be the civilized/advanced version, it's cool if they're not the Incredible Hulk (we've already got a perfectly functional model for that).

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 23 Dec 2014, 20:35

gotta agree with jiub here that we aren't after the same thing oblivion was with their minotaurs. as fodder monsters for the player it was cool to have them be massive and hulking but for us their visual cues should point to them being civilized and that they wont attack on sight. this is also the reason for clothing

lower leg has been thickened tho cause it looked silly that thin

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 27 Dec 2014, 23:09

hope everyone had a good xmas :)

not much to update but thinned our the torso and starting on clothing
Last edited by Ald-Ma' Cyrod on 15 Jan 2015, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 28 Dec 2014, 06:06

If UV is basically done for the main body do you still want to send it my way so I can start working on the texture? It looks really good honestly, I mainly just want to make it match our existing minotaur and cow.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 31 Dec 2014, 21:59

Uploading everything I have either Friday or Saturday if I'm not busy. Been working on some cliff statics for the colovian noble forts and some faces for the Imperials. Tidying up all the UVs for you atm; I work with polypaint usually so they were pretty messy UV Master stuff.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 01 Jan 2015, 04:12

a tsaesci queen/noble. wanted to finish the line work for this tonight but pretty tired. are we having a village/area of the nib with 'pure akaviri' per the pge? I'm not sure how that would work

nibenese fashion should incorporate elements from ayelid and tsaesci. the silhouettes should remain different, however, and tsaesci fashion proper is always bottom heavy to highlight their snake bodies. [upper-class] nibenese fashion is top-heavy

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 22 Jan 2015, 15:27

progress on minotaur still going

final texture pass on mino and rig/ animation practice is going well. gonna add tats/ scarring next and then finish up skirt. dissertation to be handed in on 9th of feb tho so probably wont be finished until after then

also cant acess new site at http://project-tamriel.com/portal.php as im not receiving a confirmation email. if someone wants to copy any stuff from this thread over there you're welcome to

also how low for poly count? much lower than about 3k and it starts to lose a lot of detail

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 22 Jan 2015, 23:13

We're moving to the new forums, Ald-Ma. I would suggest re-opening your threads here.

Ald-Ma' Cyrod

Postby Ald-Ma' Cyrod » 22 Jan 2015, 23:25

I know, activation email didn't come through for a while. Repost in asset dev, not the concept art forum?

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 22 Jan 2015, 23:32

No idea, really. I suggest opening a thread for your minotaur models in asset dev, and a separate thread in concept art for those excellent drawings.

Previous

Return to Concept Art