The Imperial Cult

Suggest and develop factions and guilds here.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

The Imperial Cult

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 28 May 2013, 09:58

How do you want me to implement the Imperial Cult, and what should I call it?

Do we want nine different factions, one for each god? Or do we want just one faction for the Nine Divines? Will it be joinable?

One idea I had is that there is one faction, called the Imperial Cult for want of a better name, which the player can join. On joining they have to choose to dedicate themselves to the patron god(dess) of the particular temple they're joining. Now, each temple will have an altar where you can receive a blessing appropriate for that god, but if you're dedicated to that god then you get an improved version of the blessing. You can receive most of the quests from the Imperial Cult regardless of which god you choose, but each temple will have a short questline unique to players who've dedicated themselves to that temple.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Re: The Imperial Cult

Postby Wollibeebee » 28 May 2013, 10:20

I'd prefer to keep it a single faction, just with multiple branches. Like vanilla guilds.

I really like your idea there.
So, dedicating yourself to a certain divine - other than additional quests - could provide what perks? Perhaps the end-quest reward could be influenced by the divine? Your very own private quarters at the specific temple?
Also, something to help create a uniform would be cool. If you're playing as some-one religious, you're likely to wear a robe, so maybe each divine could have it's own pauldron to be worn over a robe or with armor?

In Daggerfall each temple had a priestly order, and a "knightly" order, so may be each temple could have 2 main quest givers: a priest and a "guardian." Priests could give you quests involving helping the poor, gathering ingredients, investigating disease and hauntings. The other (knight/guardian/whatever) would offer more physical themed quests, like killing necromancers, destroying Daedric worship sites, etc. It would make it more diverse.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 28 May 2013, 14:22

Having nine different factions would be confusing and also unnecessary.

Wollibeebee wrote:Also, something to help create a uniform would be cool. If you're playing as some-one religious, you're likely to wear a robe, so maybe each divine could have it's own pauldron to be worn over a robe or with armor?

Yes! This game needs more uniforms! I remember having to wear the cuirass for the Imperial Legion and getting shouted at for not wearing it. We need to have more of this.

Luxray
P:C Modder

Postby Luxray » 28 May 2013, 16:13

Dedicating yourself to a specific Divine could give you a bonus when you visit their wayshrines throughout the province. Wayshrines are awesome.
<Shurdi3> Also who has a framed picture of food in their house? What is this, TES instagram?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 28 May 2013, 17:32

Scamp wrote:Having nine different factions would be confusing and also unnecessary.

Wollibeebee wrote:Also, something to help create a uniform would be cool. If you're playing as some-one religious, you're likely to wear a robe, so maybe each divine could have it's own pauldron to be worn over a robe or with armor?

Yes! This game needs more uniforms! I remember having to wear the cuirass for the Imperial Legion and getting shouted at for not wearing it. We need to have more of this.

Indeed, we could even have a...badge...gasp, that you could wear in place of a uniform.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 28 May 2013, 19:00

This was a fan work I wrote a while back on this subject, sounds like it's kind of in line with what you guys are already thinking: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/141220 ... -religion/

As for uniforms, we could maybe modify these to make them work as standard clothing (add an under-layer or something to the transparent areas): http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42208/? They aren't complete (some are female-only) but personally I think they're too good to pass up.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 28 May 2013, 20:03

We could use those, textures need work though. Too bright. This is going to be my general gripe with nearly every clothing resource possible. Everything is way too bright and clean looking to fit in with the feel of the game and with the rest of our province. They could serve as a base, but gotta grunge it up a bit.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 28 May 2013, 23:49

Saint_Jiub wrote:This was a fan work I wrote a while back on this subject, sounds like it's kind of in line with what you guys are already thinking: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/141220 ... -religion/

As for uniforms, we could maybe modify these to make them work as standard clothing (add an under-layer or something to the transparent areas): http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42208/? They aren't complete (some are female-only) but personally I think they're too good to pass up.

Those would be very useful, but I agree with SamirA. I'd still like that wear-on-top-of-everything pauldron, however.

If you can get permission for that, that would be cool. Although I wouldn't mind having them edited a bit to ensure they're not skin-tight like most BB clothes.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 29 May 2013, 00:36

Agreed wolli, that is another thing with most BB stuff. Too tight and too bright :nyansheo:
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 28 Nov 2013, 22:02

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 29 Nov 2013, 07:36

Holy crap dude,....I have trouble telling the toga is an actual model and not a picture.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 01 Dec 2013, 00:37

Thanks, full credit goes to Illy though. I just made it a little more suitable for our needs.

The good news is, I found her source of reference images (search "roman costume" on Amazon) so I can also make a few additional robes to use along with hers. Here's the first one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/no3tz8doo3d6byg/togatest2.png

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 01 Dec 2013, 08:12

I like that one. This could be the start to some colovian clothing which we could really use. It would be best to find some ways to alter it though and make it less obviously Roman. Find some way to give it a twist.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 01 Dec 2013, 11:45

I like it a lot. I'm really thinking imperial city when looking at this rather than particularly Nibenese or Colovians. Something priests could wear all across Cyrodiil except for the colder places.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 01 Dec 2013, 18:05

Honestly, I don't think it's a big issue to have it be obviously Roman-inspired - just look at the Legion. Like Worsas said, these are intended for a pretty specific group of NPCs (the Imperial Cult), and we've got enough other influences that I don't think we'll be hitting anyone over the head with "LOOK HOW ROMAN THEY ARE". Of course, if you have suggestions I'm happy to see whether I can make 'em work.

Ald_Moth
P:C Modder

Postby Ald_Moth » 01 Dec 2013, 18:38

How about different variations on the toga depending on which god the cultist is worshipping. Even Rome didn't wear togas in one specific way.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 03 Sep 2014, 13:08

Do you still have those togas, Saint_Jiub? If you're not actively busy with them, I'd like to try my hand at cobbling some outfits together for the upcoming Anvil temples. Illy's textures are nice, but the meshes really need some more detailing.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 04 Sep 2014, 04:34

Here, have at it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrwngse30nj9e ... s.zip?dl=0

There's one new robe in there that I haven't shown off yet, but other than that I haven't touched these in forever.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 04 Sep 2014, 10:04

Thank you. Also, if anyone has any ideas about how the pauldron-y thing mentioned earlier in this thread could look, feel free to share.

Return to Factions & Guilds