Main Quest Outline

The Main Quest, generally done as a member of the Blades, and Blades side-quests
SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: Main Quest Outline

Postby SamirA » 30 Dec 2012, 19:28

Yeah the former is along the lines of what I would say.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 Dec 2012, 23:42

Well, unless there is some importance to the name lets not rush to choose one. I say we narrow them down, and take a vote on it at some point. The one thing I say though is that I think it should be an obviously female name, and it shouldnt be awkward to say.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 31 Dec 2012, 02:52

Yeah I'm completely on board with that. It is just another detail that is very minor. The story is the big thing and I think we have made some good headway recently into what it is we want to tell.
Project Coordinator

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 18 Jan 2013, 21:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDHa-77cy3I

New video about the storyline of TESO which expands the involvement of the Tharns somewhat. Cliffnotes version:

-Klyvia Tharn is the Empress-Regent occupying the Ruby Throne at this time, and the Chancellor of the Elder Council/Imperial Battlemage is her father, Abnur Tharn.

-The Tharns have been secret Daedra worshippers (implied to worship Molag Bal specifically) for generations.

-Abnur Tharn struck a pact with Molag Bal as a response to the threat of the three alliances, not just to be mustache-twirling evil.

There's no word yet on how these ancient Tharns relate to Jagar or his coup, but the more info we have on their family, the better (in particular, the fact that his ancestors at one point controlled both branches of the Imperial government gives context and understandable motivation to his bid for power). We should take this into account in characterizing his daughter, though, otherwise it might feel to the average player like we're just rehashing Zenimax/Bethesda's storyline.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 19 Jan 2013, 00:34

Good find Jiub.
Project Coordinator

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 08 Mar 2013, 17:00

Edit: I decided to move the subject of the character's name and appearance into a separate thread, as I feel it's its own subject, at least to some extent.

Directly relevant to this topic however IS the subject Jiub brought up. Our antagonist's family DOES appear to have a legacy beyond just the actions of Jagar. I kind of wonder whether Bethesda might allow us to discuss certain details from the ESO beta (once it starts up) exclusively in our private forums as an exception to their NDA and only in regards to lore elements relevant to our project.

I mean, we could in theory just do that anyway and so long as we do restrict it to private forums Beth would be none the wiser but it still might be slightly risky.

Then again in regards to the lore aspects it seems like the publicly released information is sufficient enough to go on for now and can be tweaked and/or built upon after ESO is officially released.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 12 Mar 2013, 16:15

3E Pocket Guide to the Empire wrote:The land that had once been the home of freedom for Tamriel's criminals became its greatest prison state. Anyone considered too dangerous to hold in "civilized" dungeons in other Provinces was sent to Black Marsh. Its most famous convicts include the notorious axe murderer Nai, the heretic Devir-Mir, and Tavia, the wife of the last emperor of the First Era, who was sent to Gideon in 1E 2899, accused of treason. The worst of the dungeons was constructed in the following era by Potentate Versidae-Shae [sic] on the ruins of the Lilmothiit community called Blackrose. The Rose, as it is called, is still the most secure and notorious prison of our own time, where Jagar Tharn's associates who were not executed await their final end.

Some kind of jailbreak from Blackrose could either be an interesting way to set up part of the origin of the Order of the Nightingale or it could just be something to consider for the Black Marsh mod if that's still being worked on.

DJGamer's Mod Projects

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 12 Mar 2013, 17:05

How did you not see this at the end in the current events bit:

3rd Pocket Guide wrote:More troubling is the recent prison break at the formidable Blackrose Prison. Though it has since been sealed and its weak points mended, some of the worst murderers, thieves, and political revolutionaries had already escaped into the swamps. It is believed unlikely that any of them could have survived the cruel, dangerous lands of inner Black Marsh.

ZackG's has started working on the Morrowind Argonia mod again. I don't know how he's incorporating the Blackrose prison break, if at all.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 12 Mar 2013, 17:55

TerrifyingDaedricFoe wrote:How did you not see this at the end in the current events bit:

3rd Pocket Guide wrote:More troubling is the recent prison break at the formidable Blackrose Prison. Though it has since been sealed and its weak points mended, some of the worst murderers, thieves, and political revolutionaries had already escaped into the swamps. It is believed unlikely that any of them could have survived the cruel, dangerous lands of inner Black Marsh.

ZackG's has started working on the Morrowind Argonia mod again. I don't know how he's incorporating the Blackrose prison break, if at all.

Like I said in the shoutbox, I was skimming through it when I caught sight of Jagar's name-should've at least read through the entire section I suppose. :scamp:

Considering the book was published in 3E 432 and the events of Morrowind take place in 427-we've got a half-decade gap that could stretch the definition of "recent" and "current events", though if the book were written by an elf then it would be a very relative term. It's also possible that some of the repercussions of such an event would still be felt five years later. Of particular note of course is the mention that it's since been repaired which would at least suggest that enough time has passed since the event for that to have happened-though I couldn't imagine that taking more than 1-3 years, perhaps even shorter yet since magical means can be used to expedite the process.

So yeah it's a bit iffy whether we could use that. It would be easier if such an event weren't even mentioned because what are the odds of there being two prison breaks in a five-year period?

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Previous

Return to Main Quest/Blades