Skooma Quest

Forum for quests yet to be placed in a particular location.
SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Skooma Quest

Postby SamirA » 05 Jan 2011, 00:23

Another Quest from the old forums, the discussion was difficult to follow, but suffice it to that this belongs somewhere near the Elswyr border, perhaps Lleyawin.

Original Quest
---------------
Quest Name: Destruction of Narcotics.

Location: At an imperial fort ( any place fitting for an imperial soldier should work. )

NPCs: Narcotics Officer

Interiors: Bandit caves

Models/Textures: none

Summary: The narcotics officer is in charge of getting rid of Skooma and Moonsugar, turn them into him for a reward and rep gain. This could be developed into a new faction, with a number of quests to stop skooma smugglers and other Illegal narcotics. He could send you on quests to smugglers dens and bandit caves to recover the narcotics and kill the bandits, and even go undercover to find the head of a smuggling ring.

I was thinking this might work as a chain quest, first turn in a certain number of moonsugar/skooma, then get sent on a quest to clear out a bandit cave, go undercover to find out who the leader of the ring is, then kill him. Any comments on it? I'm wondering if it's a good idea or if I should work on something else instead.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Re: Skooma Quest

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 21 May 2011, 16:07

If we are having the Imperial Legion as a joinable faction in Cyrodiil then maybe one of the quest givers should be obsessed with stamping out the narcotics trade. All/almost all of the quests s/he gives you revolve around killing smugglers, shutting down skooma dens etc. Maybe he gives you a set amount of gold every time you give him skooma and moon sugar (like the guy in Oblivion who gives you gold for vampire dust) and will only give you higher quests once you've "proved your commitment to stamping out this evil trade".

I'm not sure about having an entirely new faction though. If we're not having the IL as a joinable faction this should just be an independent/miscellaneous quest chain.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 21 May 2011, 23:27

I have been thinking that the Legion is more or a foreign entity. It patrols the territory of the empire, but in the home province they are policed by a different entity. Similar to the legion with similar uniforms with minor differences (gives us a chance to do new stuff) but they are a domestic force. This way we can do things with a new faction and not "Imperial Legion Cyrodiil branch" or some other lame thing.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 21 May 2011, 23:51

Maybe the 'Imperial Watch' or 'Imperial Guard'? Either way, I'd like it to be joinable if possible - it always annoyed me that you couldn't join the Imperial Legion in Oblivion.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 22 May 2011, 02:56

Yes certainly a joinable faction. I like Imperial Watch. There have been plenty of Imperial Guards through history so why not change it up a bit? I definitely want the player to be able to get the tweaked armor which would be slightly more powerful than the legion since these guys watch the home province.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 22 May 2011, 11:04

We should use the "Where's your uniform!!!" thing, I loved that.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 22 May 2011, 16:47

Scamp wrote:We should use the "Where's your uniform!!!" thing, I loved that.

Would be nice to have thme say it.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Return to General Quests