Quest Ideas Thread: Have an idea? Post it here.

Forum for quests yet to be placed in a particular location.
Rattfink333
Head of Interiors

Re: Quest Ideas Thread: Have an idea? Post it here.

Postby Rattfink333 » 14 Apr 2013, 19:11

Was thinking about Rufio, The poor sod you kill for the DB quest in oblivion.
I was thinking we could make him an influential member of the EEC with ties to the thieves guild. But got greedy and tries to create his own network.
Between the EEC and the thieves guild poeple there could be a double sided quest working from either side.
Which the end result is his disgrace and running on the lamb with a DB hit on his head.
Paladin of Vaermina

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 25 Apr 2013, 17:52

So, what does everyone think of having a plague ship or something stationed off anvil? Perhaps they are waiting on someone to come help or the captain is a nord and hates the thought of mages coming to help?
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 25 Apr 2013, 23:34

Sounds good to me, perhaps we can keep it as simple as possible. The quest giver will ask you to hitch a ride out to the ship, and upon a rival you'll find lots of dying sailors to be found rarely amongst the rats and deceased on board. The captain will tell you everything that happened: some Valenwood bubonic plague nonsense. But he'll give you a really in-depth story due to his drunken state. Then the player must return to the rowing boat, the quest giver and a healer in-case you were infected (which we can actually make possible due to how MW handles illnesses), and then be told to send a group of healers out to the ship.

Maybe a burning down the ship could be an alternative if the player decideds the ship isn't saving as it and it's crew are to far gone.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 26 Apr 2013, 13:21

Wollibeebee wrote:Maybe a burning down the ship could be an alternative if the player decideds the ship isn't saving as it and it's crew are to far gone.

+10 Renegade

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 02 May 2013, 05:51

Alright. So apparently, the Dagoth 6th House ritual items and status can cause someone to begin "dreaming," which is the first step to becoming 6th house servants (sleepers, dreamers, whatever.)

But if there's anything Hollywood villains have taught me, it's that rich people love collecting foreign items, hoping the protagonist will kill them with one.

So, somewhere close to either a port or Morrowind, a Imperial collector has managed to get his hands on a crate of 6th statues for, he thinks, decoration. But his household has begun to go crazy, cursed by their nightmares without explanation. I'm not sure what can happen here, maybe the player has to destroy the statues? Simply kill everyone? :P

But I'd imagine this collector lives in a large homestead, which now feels more like a haunted mansion. With crazy servants writing 6th house messages in the dark cellar, naked women standing around outside, wailing coming from within the house. Just a general eeriness that - although the player knows is related to the 6th house - looks like a legitimately unexplainable terrifying occurrence never before seen in in Cyrodiil. It's like the nightmare from Morrowind has evolved to fit it's new habitat. So the 6th house messages will have a completely different meaning without the context, and the red and black theme won't represent the 6th house, just blood and shadow.

The only problem would be the time-frame in accordance to the vanilla MQ. But we could easily explain it; because the inhabitants become permanently mad, even after Dagoth was defeated.

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 02 May 2013, 15:48

I like this idea! :D

Iirc, there's a part in the MQ where crazy people start coming up to you and being all crazy. It might be best to make most of the crazy stuff happening at this house happen at around that point.
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 11 May 2013, 20:08

Fungus Among Us!
I just wanted to use this name. haha
But, it makes a good quest idea.

This would be a mystery type quest. The location woud have to be at least semi-isolated. Basically, we would have an entire small village or compound worth of people converted to fungus. haha I am sure I dont have to describe what this entails, but having man sized mushrooms standing in random places would be cool.
More on the location, I am picturing a settlement of maybe 4 or so buildings in a "semicircle" surrounded by dense jungle with mushrooms starting to grow around it, the non-people kind. If possible, putting in a new disease(or maybe it would count as posion?) would be cool for venturing into this area because of the people to fungus converting spores in the air. It would basically reduce speed and intelligence. Not sure if we could make it happen in levels, or progress in any way, but would be cool if possible.

How to start this quest:
One of the infected guys tried to escape the village and go for help, but only made it to one of the main roads before freezing in place.(he waited a while before going for help) Someone came upon him, but by that time he was converted to fungus. He no longer looked like a person at all, just a man sized mushroom. He was already to the point of giving off spores and the people who came upon him fell ill with the conversion disease.
They didnt like what they came upon, so they decided to chop down the strange looking mushroom only to find a human or elf or whatever kind of skeleton inside of it. By the time the PC gets there, they have already chopped it down and used cure disease potions on themselves; the spores were gone by then. Perhaps he had a really degraded note on him that only yields very little.
A further thing to this would be perhaps that the spores from this place are drifting on to a nearby larger settlement. They have no idea whats going on, but after they found Old Man Austius missing and a stange mushroom in his backyard, they all started falling ill. Well, luckily, they had access to cure disease potions but are now having to drink them at least once a week with increasing regularity and shortened time spans before drinking more. The mushroom people could have a script that allows them to be chopped down and once they all are, it ends the quest. The script might only be activated if you hear whats happening in the town.
But anyway, once the PC disovers the settlement(whether it was secret, or a known place) they find more of these man sized mushrooms outside. They can only get into one of the buildings, will need keys for others, but find more mushrooms.
Anyway, clues can be place around but the ultimate objective would be to gain entry to the final building or the secret lab beneath it.

Now, there are two ways we can take this. One, there is an evil or crazy wizard guy doing experiments and he could be like a major quest line across regions or something. The simpler one would be to simply have the locals doing experiments and end up accidently converting themselves to fungus. At the end, you would find a man sized mushroom that still looked part human/elf or whatever and a diary detailing that, although he had been able to slow things down, he had failed to find a way to reverse the effects but suspected that a simple cure disease(or cure poison if we want) would be enough to do it.
It would also detail that only the man sized fungus would spread conversion spores around and the other stuff growing around was safe.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 May 2013, 20:12

I am bumping this so people see my idea!

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 15 May 2013, 20:21

Nice name.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 May 2013, 22:14

That's amazingly weird, and fucking terrifying.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 16 May 2013, 16:02

Tarius wrote:Fungus Among Us!
[...]but by that time he was converted to fungus

This sounds ever so weird and hilarious at the same time.

Anyway, wasn't there a quest like this in Oblivion where some guy did experiments on a village and everyone turned invisible? It's kinda stolen, but it's still hilarious, so I'd say we should go for it. Maybe there's one stupid idiot in the village who was doing experiments in his basement.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 16 May 2013, 18:18

Scamp wrote:
Tarius wrote:Fungus Among Us!
[...]but by that time he was converted to fungus

This sounds ever so weird and hilarious at the same time.

Anyway, wasn't there a quest like this in Oblivion where some guy did experiments on a village and everyone turned invisible? It's kinda stolen, but it's still hilarious, so I'd say we should go for it. Maybe there's one stupid idiot in the village who was doing experiments in his basement.

Well yea, there was a guy that turned people invisible. However in Fallout New Vegas, there was a vault where people got infected by spores from plant life in it. They all died and something like spore crawlers or something were created.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 Mar 2014, 18:12

Heres another idea, the player enters a dream realm but doesnt realize it and it happens to be filled with riches. They can pick them up, but suprise! they don get to keep them upon exiting.(hopefully they dont drop any of their armor for the replacements in the area haha)

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 21 Mar 2014, 01:14

A quest called "A Case of the Immortalities" This would be either a vampire or wizard quest.

Ald_Moth
P:C Modder

Postby Ald_Moth » 21 Mar 2014, 18:00

Here's one

Archeologists hire you to uncover a lost remains of an Ayleid Flesh-Garden.

Problem: Its alive.

Also, do we have quests about minotaurs? We gotta have quests about minotaurs

Previous

Return to General Quests