Colovian Tomb - Clutter

Odds & Ends.
Worsas
Asset Manager

Colovian Tomb - Clutter

Postby Worsas » 09 Feb 2014, 22:36

I think we should have some misc clutter for colovian tombs, such as ancient amphora and clay shards for more atmosphere.

Is there anything else that comes to your mind?

MoonAndStar
P:C Reviewer

Re: Colovian Tomb - Clutter

Postby MoonAndStar » 09 Feb 2014, 23:54

Would the ancient Colovias have used embalming tools? Also, are these barrows still used by modern Colovians, or have burial practices changed? Maybe some normal misc items and ingredients could be used as offerings in that case.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 10 Feb 2014, 01:27

I'd say most have fallen by the wayside as there are graveyards and tombs for more modern burials, but there would certainly be some long standing family tobs and things that people maintain and still actively use.
Project Coordinator

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 13 Feb 2014, 20:19

Quoting my outdated claim description:
Possible object additions could be burnt-down chandles, chests, ancient redware, stone tables, embalming tools.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 13 Feb 2014, 22:13

Yes I agree with those clutter items
Project Coordinator

Mwgek

Postby Mwgek » 14 Feb 2014, 00:01

Also add the retextures/remodel of the mummies in here and what about something like a banner stand with tattered rugs hanging on there.

sasquatch
P:C Modder

Postby sasquatch » 14 Feb 2014, 00:51

This list of items looks good. Some cursed items that spawn ghosts could be nice? I like the burned down candles idea, maybe we could add pooled or dripping wax meshes. Family jewels, old small chests unique to the barrows, and ceremonial items are needed. An armor set that can only be found by raiding ancestral barrows could be a good add for those those who enjoy collecting item sets.

For any future furniture, I like the solid undecorated look of the large stone slabs used for the walls. Something similar in style would be best.

MoonAndStar

Postby MoonAndStar » 14 Feb 2014, 01:24

Cursed items sounds like a good idea, for Ayleid ruins too. I think jewels and such can be scripted for that.

The armour idea I also like. "Ancient Colovian Armor".. maybe a rusty low level medium armour.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 14 Feb 2014, 02:07

Rislav the Righteousmentions "klibanion mail" as the only armor type for this time period. A kind of leather armor, "boiled and waxed for hardness, and studded with inch-long spikes, was a rich chestnut red".

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 14 Feb 2014, 14:41

I would like us to keep focus on the most important things. The barrows should not draw too much attention from other areas by excessively much extra assets. So I don't know if I can really support the idea of an armor set just for these tombs.

A general ancient cyro-nordic armor you would find in all kinds of imperial ruins is a different thing.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 14 Feb 2014, 21:36

I now created the claims I deem necessary. I generally agree that an ancient colovian armor would be nice to have, but I have not created a claim for it yet. I would leave that armor in the realm of possibility for now.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 15 Feb 2014, 05:33

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y6b7tvpydw1cv ... narmor.JPG

This was going to be a variant on the steel armor set, but it would work pretty well as an ancient Colovian set. I'm thinking tarnished bronze, so like blue-green as a base, with dirt, dust, etc over it and patches of the original brownish orange. It couldn't be too beat up as it needs to be functional as an armor set in order to be worth the effort of the models/textures, but I support the idea in general.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 15 Feb 2014, 10:41

That armor could tinkered by combining and retexturing elements from the nordic steel armor and guard armor at SHOTN aswell as our colovian prince armor. Only the horns on the helmet would need to be modelled.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 Feb 2014, 16:52

I am not in favor of the horns, looks too 'special'.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 15 Feb 2014, 18:09

I don't think they are too special myself.

sasquatch
P:C Modder

Postby sasquatch » 16 Feb 2014, 01:27

I'd prefer something more primitive looking. I'm also not a big fan of flashy armor bits in Morrowind and would much prefer the "chestnut red leather" armor with small spikes on the shoulders and gauntlets.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 16 Feb 2014, 01:31

Way too advanced. That kind of full plate armor didn't exist in Colovia at that point.

Saint_Jiub
Head of Concepts

Postby Saint_Jiub » 16 Feb 2014, 01:53

Fair 'nuff, like I said I originally designed it as an alternate steel armor set, like how bonemold has both Gah-Julan and Armun-An- the artwork was all but finished when I saw the thread.

I'm gonna fight for these horns though. One of the main complains I've heard over the years with regards to Oblivion's art style was that the armors were too plain/mundane- unrealistic/over the top elements like the horns will help to make ours stand out. Plus, take away the horns and it's just a garden-variety Corinthian helmet- the horns give it a unique touch.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 16 Feb 2014, 04:34

Well, if it has to have horns, they should be pointing downward. I would hate to walk around and keep bumping into stuff with them.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 16 Feb 2014, 05:04

Yeah, I'm fine with including some horns in a primitive Cyro-nordic armor, but they should not point straight up. Having things be weird and intriguing, doesn't mean going overly large and fantastic on everything. This is one situation that actually looks pretty generic fantasy rather than TES. Sure it is better than Oblivion which was basically a conglomeration of our own Middle Ages, but it isn't anything truly unique.
Project Coordinator

Next

Return to Miscellaneous