Ayleid clutter

Odds & Ends.
SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Ayleid clutter

Postby SamirA » 08 Feb 2014, 18:53

We need to discuss the Ayleid clutter we want for our ruins so that we can get some assets made for use in the few ruins we have for Stirk. The ruin on Stirk itself is fine without them as it is supposed to be the residence of pirates who would not leave it full of nice items for fencing, but we have another which should probably contain some of our new items.

I'm going to make a simple list of the items that would be found in the ruins. We can discuss design elements afterward as well as looking at the texture currently used on the one chest we have as it might not fit the vision we go for.

Containers
One small chest (already made, possible texture changes)
One large chest
One-Two vases/urns similar in design to our Colovian amphora, but a bit more ornate
Broken versions of the vases/urns

Misc items
Scrolls (both spell scrolls and book style scrolls)
Flatware (knife,fork,spoon and possible broken ones)
Dishes (plates,cups, bottles, platters, pitchers and possible broken ones)

Decor
Statues (broken ones as well)
A wall fountain or two
Frescoes http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8922/preview4n.jpg
Tattered tapestries (basically just a few rags at this point)
Empty tapestry holders

Furniture
One normal table
One small table
One long table
One chair
One stool
One bed frame
One closet (technically a container)
One drawer set (technically a container)
One cupboard (technically a container)
A few assorted welkynd light fixtures
Broken versions of furniture

Weapons/Armor
Armor based on our Ayleid concepts
Ayleid weapons
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Ayleid clutter

Postby Tarius » 09 Feb 2014, 00:18

On the topic of welkynd light fixtures, what exactly do you have in mind? I made the crystals to stick around. I made the chandeliers as well. I suppose we could have more dedicated ones?

As for that chest, yea, its a basic texture and I still hope to change it.

Inspiration!
Ya know what. How would a blueish beaten copper texture look for all the ayleid metals? Instead of rust, the metals would all be this sleek looking beaten blueish/blackish metal. I do think the current rust texture is kickass, so I dont suggest this lightly. I want more opinion though.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 09 Feb 2014, 00:42

Here are some Ayleid furnitureand cluttersets for Oblivion. Not really the right style, perhaps, but might be useful as inspiration.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Feb 2014, 00:44

I would like to see something like that Tarius. Something more metallic and preserved, like it was magical. Bluish or greenish could be cool. My thinking on the chest was something along those lines, that we would come up with a texture that fits well with the stone of the ruins that we would use for the weapons as well. So weapons could be made of the stone for handles and things and then the new metal texture. Something more magical than what we see in Oblivion as the Ayleid should be.

As for welkynd lighting I was thinking of some more dedicated ones yes, like carved stone or metal sconces with them affixed inside and things of that nature, perhaps even some lanterns and "candles" that can be picked up like many of the other lights across the province. Just things to spice it up and make it seem like they were an actual advanced civilization rather than an ancient and fairly primitive one.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 09 Feb 2014, 00:52

Infragris wrote:Here are some Ayleid furnitureand cluttersets for Oblivion. Not really the right style, perhaps, but might be useful as inspiration.

That stuff has the right idea though. Use the existing stone along with whatever metal we settle on and a copious amount of welkynd stone stuffed into everything. Even frescoes could be done out of welkynd chalk or something so they glow blue-green. The closest piece to what I have in my mind is the bed, just minus the mattress, should just be the stone "frame". In my mind I think our Ayleid stuff should be sturdy, but ornate. Almost as if you took principles from LoTR dwarves and LoTR elves and combined them. I think the bed does a good job of showing what I see in my mind.

Feel free to disagree though, however we need a coherent picture to move forward with so we can get this clutter rolling and have some appear in our second Stirk release ruin.
Project Coordinator

Mwgek
P:C Reviewer

Postby Mwgek » 09 Feb 2014, 21:25

A test for the metal texture. Green/Blueish metal with rust and corrosion from the time it sits in the ruin. Highlight color can change to a more appropriate level if needed.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 09 Feb 2014, 21:42

I like it, but it seems to be too monochrome with the background. Looking at the Oblivion Ayleid ruins, we need more color, not less. but maybe that's an effect of the lighting?

A technical question: what are the limits with bookart? I'd like to start a thread in the lore&lit forum regarding the texts for Ayleid text/spell scrolls, but I'm not sure if we can give each scroll a unique image. is that feasible?

Mwgek
P:C Reviewer

Postby Mwgek » 09 Feb 2014, 22:05

It is caused by the lightning. Here is maybe a better view.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 09 Feb 2014, 22:09

Infragris wrote:A technical question: what are the limits with bookart? I'd like to start a thread in the lore&lit forum regarding the texts for Ayleid text/spell scrolls, but I'm not sure if we can give each scroll a unique image. is that feasible?

There is no limit to the amount of bookmark pictures, I know of. If you can provide a bookmark picture for each scroll, each scroll can have one.

Worsas
Asset Manager

Postby Worsas » 09 Feb 2014, 22:31

To me this rusty copper look looks alright. It fits very well.

How about adding scratched golden trims to objects for more variation?
Alternatively there could be jade worked into the objects or black marble if it does not contradict Ayleid philosophy. Something like that.

What is our stance towards certain elven materials in TES V? Such as moonstone or malachite?

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 09 Feb 2014, 22:37

I would avoid malachite, since it's associated with Glass (a vanilla Morrowind thing). Moonstone would be great.

EDIT: made a topic for Ayleid text scrolls here.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Feb 2014, 00:09

No, that texture is not at all what I had in mind and I was going to do it myself anyway. I have already begun collecting source material to do it. I was not simply going to add blueish tint to the rust texture. It will be entirely new and different looking.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 10 Feb 2014, 01:25

However it is more or less what I had in mind. Of course we should be open to seeing other options, but these look good. Perhaps they do need a bit more contrast, but I like it so far.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 10 Feb 2014, 01:29

I will work on that texture and we can see it. I was going to go for a sleek beaten copper type look which was blueish black. No rust at all.

Return to Miscellaneous