Ayleid Ruins

Tile-Sets for locations not specific to any major towns or cities.
Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Re: Ayleid Ruins

Postby Scamp » 12 Jun 2011, 12:57

Thank you for making this, Tarius ;) Great stuff!

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 12 Jun 2011, 15:56

I wonder if SamirA could draw up some concepts for what the Stirk Ruin interior-based exterior might look like-although a combination of reference images of Petra and similar rock-carved architecture tweaked to have a more Ayleid feel would likely suffice.

I'd draw up the concept art myself only I'm not quite that confident in my abilities to do something at quite that scale.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 18 Jun 2011, 20:31

Ok, progress update because I am sure you are starting to wonder what I have been up to.
Yes, I made all that in the picture, meshes textures and all; it consists of 3 different meshes and only 5 textures so far. At this moment I just realised I have forgotten to add some collision to those stairs so going down them isnt really bumpy; interestingly some stairs in Half Life 2 lack smooth collision but for whatever reason, its alot more unsettling in MW.
As for getting more done, I plan on completing 4 more meshes before I give anything up so I can submit an entire set. I also have just backed everything up on an external drive, so there will be no losses.
And for the fun of it, I plan on doing a picture of the first proper Ayleid ruin in MW to show people.
Attachments
example.jpg
Finished
example.jpg (187.26 KiB) Viewed 5491 times
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 18 Jun 2011, 22:36

better than oblivions..

Osidian
P:C Modder

Postby Osidian » 19 Jun 2011, 00:46

Shouldn't the upper part of the central column (or whatever the name for it is) be dirtier like the rest of it?

Anyway, nice work (as usual) :applause:
I am no salmon – Dagon

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 19 Jun 2011, 04:43

Looks great Tarius! I personally don't see anything out of sorts with the central column. Perhaps it could be dirtier but had Osidian not mentioned it I never would have thought it so if it means another texture then please don't change it. Less is more in that regard.
Project Coordinator

TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 19 Jun 2011, 11:05

It's really good, great work Tarius!
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 19 Jun 2011, 11:43

Looks amazing, well done!

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 19 Jun 2011, 12:18

Great stuff!

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 Jun 2011, 03:44

Ok, stuff is done: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22081676/ayleid ... 0stuff.zip

This includes 9 total meshes and the 7 textures they use. I do have 3 other textures, but they are not used by these meshes so I didnt include them. I also of course shrank most of the textures down from 2048.

I think this is likely a CS glitch, but when I was using ctrl-d to copy stuff in the CS it was making the meshes offset up or down almost seemingly random. Wasnt hard to fix tho and it didnt do it all the time either.

Here are a couple screenshots for future reference:
Attachments
ay_guardeddoor.jpg
Size Comparison
ay_guardeddoor.jpg (161.19 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
ay_above3.jpg
Above
ay_above3.jpg (154.07 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
ay_overview2.jpg
Overview
ay_overview2.jpg (102.2 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

ZackG
P:C Legend

Postby ZackG » 03 Jul 2011, 05:46

Looks really, really great Tarius.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 06 Aug 2011, 04:29

Ok, 7 new meshes: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22081676/ayleidstuffruins.7z
3 bridge, 4 ruined inner circle meshes
plus I re-exported that mesh you said you could fall through the floor. So thats included and I hope that gets cleared up. I finally got the count right on the number of meshes I have, kept adding 1 for some reason. haha
Also fixed a couple things on some textures, so you will want to use the updated ones I have included here, plus of course the new textures that are needed for these new meshes to look good.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 Aug 2011, 23:01

Sounds good Tarius. Downloading now. Should we expect more Ayleid ruin exterior pieces?
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 16 Aug 2011, 05:36

SamirA wrote:Sounds good Tarius. Downloading now. Should we expect more Ayleid ruin exterior pieces?

Yep. I started work on the next set of 5 but have been distracted by other stuff lately. Once this next set is done though, that would be it for all major ruins. There are other things of course to add for exteriors, but the main bulk of them will be buildable with what I have completed plus that.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 16 Aug 2011, 11:35

Awesome, I just didn't know if this was all or not. Can't wait to see the rest. By the way Tarius, think you could make a door for your Stirk/Anvil architecture? We really need some doors for Stirk right now haha. One that matches the red wood trim for Stirk would be great and I'm sure you know the proper fit for Anvil.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 16 Aug 2011, 16:31

I haven't looked at your stuff yet Tarius as I am going to wait for a new data update, however can I assume that I will be able to build a decent Stirk Ayleid Ruin out of the existing pieces?

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 16 Aug 2011, 19:14

Scamp wrote:I haven't looked at your stuff yet Tarius as I am going to wait for a new data update, however can I assume that I will be able to build a decent Stirk Ayleid Ruin out of the existing pieces?

Yea, you should be able to make it look ruined with the peices I have made so far. The next ruins I am doing are the outer circle peices. The current ones are inner circle and bridge ruins, but thats enough to give a ruined appearance.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Aug 2011, 03:28

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22081676/ayleidmeshes.7z

Ok, thats 5 more ruin meshes, this time for the outer circle part.

There are like 2 more I want to add to this, but they arnt getting done tonight. There are 2 others I am going to do as well, a set of stairs and another peice, so thats 4. In addition, I want to make some blocks that can be placed around because you always see these ruins, but its not really apparent where the broken peices are. So thats a few more.
As of now, there is enough to build plenty of stuff. The next group of meshes will have what I mentioned, so they will be kinda mixed.

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 23 Aug 2011, 03:31

no screens? :P

nice work tarius, can't wait to use some of this!

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 23 Aug 2011, 10:21

Wollibeebee wrote:no screens? :P

nice work tarius, can't wait to use some of this!

Have posted plenty on my stuff, more than you. haha

PreviousNext

Return to Dungeon & Common