Gold Coast Buildings

Tile-Sets for locations not specific to any major towns or cities.
Tarius
Head of Modelling

Gold Coast Buildings

Postby Tarius » 17 May 2011, 03:25

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22081676/basebuildings.7z

Ok, theres the link, there are a total of 3 buildings. One is the elongated type, another is a square version of this and one is a tower. they all have the proper textures and the meshes are in the right folder zipped.

Now that these are done, I will go ahead and do a window or windows and a door threshold(will fit current MW doors).

In my opinon, there needs to be more then this however, 3 isnt going to do it. various additions can be done and what not which I may end up doing but am not sure yet as I would like to get to work on the Ayleid stuff.
Last edited by Tarius on 17 May 2011, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Three gold coast base city buildings

Postby Tarius » 17 May 2011, 03:30

Oops, pc_whiteborder is a stray texture, I havent used it yet, but its in the zip file.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Postby SamirA » 17 May 2011, 03:35

You are certainly right that 3 is not enough, but it is a start. I hope you will continue working on this set as it is priority over most other things. That being said both the exterior and interior pieces for the Ayleid are almost as high a priority so if you did start something else that would certainly be the next best thing. Good luck!
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 17 May 2011, 05:17

I know, I think I will do at least 2 more addon type peices, so 2 types of window and 2 different addons that can be attached to the buildings, this would nessisitate making part of an interior though for one of them though. In addition to that, I will go ahead and make 2 different looking windows. Once these are done this should allow enough variety to actally get stuff done, so hang on for a little and I will do this.

I will also tweak the meshes I made and make 1 story versions of the 2 square buildings.

So with all that, that should definitly be a good start. So thats 2 modifications, and 4 new ones not counting the threshold.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 May 2011, 05:23

Sounds like a good start for sure.
Project Coordinator

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 May 2011, 05:34

Did you mean 2 story versions Tarius? Currently we have 3 story buildings. One story ones might look slightly odd, but 2 story ones would be great.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 17 May 2011, 17:15

SamirA wrote:Did you mean 2 story versions Tarius? Currently we have 3 story buildings. One story ones might look slightly odd, but 2 story ones would be great.

Well actually I thought about doing both 2 story and 1 story buildings.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 May 2011, 17:38

Actually I am an idiot Tarius. The current buildings are 2 story with a base. Could we get a 3 story of the wide building and a 1 story of the square one? I think that would fit their designs well. Perhaps a 2 story tower also, i think the current is 3.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 17 May 2011, 17:44

SamirA wrote:Actually I am an idiot Tarius. The current buildings are 2 story with a base. Could we get a 3 story of the wide building and a 1 story of the square one? I think that would fit their designs well. Perhaps a 2 story tower also, i think the current is 3.

Actually the larger square building is 3 stories and the smaller square one is 2 stories. The tower is 3 stories. I will do a 2 story larger square one.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Re: Gold Coast Buildings

Postby Tarius » 17 May 2011, 18:09

Ok, just did a 2 story building for the large square one and switched a name. So the building previously labeled 2 is now 3 and the new 2 story building is now 2. Gotta start making sure the names are consistant.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22081676/meshes.7z

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 17 May 2011, 19:12

Haha, dont worry too much. I know how to manage all of this stuff now so actually pretty much all of this changes anyway to remain consistent with what is in PC_data. I'll update you on the style of it once I finish up a few things.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 May 2011, 02:09

Ok, seems everything is in order save for the textures which are easy to change so there is no need to finalize them yet.
The meshes are all good save for the door threshold ones, I didnt anticipate having to do an actual door for some odd reason. Its interesting that the original MW door meshs dont seem to fit the original thresholds anyway. So while Im going to include them, there arnt any doors they really match with.

I mentioned the textures right? Those things are still too bright and clean. I will be fixing that soon. They look great and all, but they also look modern somehow. I will be figuring out adding grundginess to them. For now the current ones are ok. At least everything looks Roman.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22081676/goldcoaststuff.7z
(I havent renamed any files but there are a couple changes so use these)
Attachments
towntest.jpg
Testing
towntest.jpg (122.03 KiB) Viewed 6640 times

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 May 2011, 05:04

So I said, "Let there be grunge!" and all was good.

Use these in place of the ones in the other pack.(just textues in this file, might as well keep the old ones in the other file just in case, new building look might come in handy sometime)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22081676/grunged.7z
Attachments
towntest2.jpg
Let there be grunge!
towntest2.jpg (121.91 KiB) Viewed 6638 times

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 30 May 2011, 06:01

siccccck!

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 30 May 2011, 12:02

Those look pretty damn good (and Roman). The new textures also look pretty good (though slightly less Roman). What are you going to use for interiors - the Hlaalu tileset?

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 30 May 2011, 13:38

Awesome!

DJGamer
Mad God

Postby DJGamer » 30 May 2011, 16:28

It'd be really nice if you resized your images to thumbnails that roughly fit into the default forum window and have them link to the full size version. Thanks.

I think at some point I may post a guide to what I consider to be the maximum image width that should be allowed for posted images.

I used to walk when I could ride, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Madness? THIS IS THE SHIVERING ISLES!!!...Of course it's madness!!

DJGamer's Mod Projects

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 May 2011, 18:26

DJGamer wrote:It'd be really nice if you resized your images to thumbnails that roughly fit into the default forum window and have them link to the full size version. Thanks.

I think at some point I may post a guide to what I consider to be the maximum image width that should be allowed for posted images.

Hmm, shouldnt there be some code that shrink the images automatically and you have to click on them to view them full size? That said, the width looks to be about 700-800px for a good width.

What are you going to use for interiors - the Hlaalu tileset?

I was planning on it being retextured in_impsmall set, the ones typically used for forts and such. Although I have a couple textures ready for that, I am unsure as to whether I want to even bother with it at the moment. The thing I am truely interested in is doing the Ayleid stuff.

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 30 May 2011, 21:44

Tarius wrote:Hmm, shouldnt there be some code that shrink the images automatically and you have to click on them to view them full size? That said, the width looks to be about 700-800px for a good width.

You mean this?

You need [url=*link*][img]*link.th.jpg*[/img][/url]

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 30 May 2011, 21:53

Scamp wrote:
Tarius wrote:Hmm, shouldnt there be some code that shrink the images automatically and you have to click on them to view them full size? That said, the width looks to be about 700-800px for a good width.

You mean this?

You need [url=*link*][img]*link.th.jpg*[/img][/url]

Well I attached my images to the post, I didnt link them.

Next

Return to Dungeon & Common