retex'd architecture, etc

Tile-Sets for locations not specific to any major towns or cities.
Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

retex'd architecture, etc

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 May 2011, 12:58

ok, so just gonna use this thread from now on when i do something interesting (ie, retex some buildings, edit a mesh, etc etc etc)

so samirA (or anyone else) can tell me if their opinions and whether they think/want it could be used in P:C, hopefully?

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49 ... 1305460612
from the resource folders of valenwood comes.... jdoobies giant(now small) houses with imperial texures (and edited UV maps for the textures :) ).

useful? useless?

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: retex'd architecture, etc

Postby SamirA » 15 May 2011, 15:42

This would indeed be useful. The stilt buildings and those horrible chimneys wont be of much use to us. But the retexed other stuff would indeed be better than the current versions we have in data.
Project Coordinator

Scamp
Head of Reviewing

Postby Scamp » 15 May 2011, 20:19

These textures look nice, Wolli! Glad to see you are working in the modeling/texture department, too.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 15 May 2011, 20:56

Oh yea, I was going to say about the use of those meshes. I checked them and lets say they could use some refinement. For some odd reason the roof part contains like 1000 polys which are completely useless, they dont add anything to the mesh. Im not sure what they are there to begin with.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 May 2011, 20:59

We have plenty of time to figure out what exactly we will do with them and I'm sure they will indeed need some work. Luckily we won't be entering Nibenese land for a while so that's just more time to fix these issues and then decide how we will take this set and expand it and use it for a base for the unique architecture of the major cities.
Project Coordinator

Wollibeebee
P:C Reviewer

Postby Wollibeebee » 15 May 2011, 22:24

i'm happy you guys know what i said last, i wrote that in an extremely tired state..
so i'll upload them? and then later when we get to the NIB so body can remove all the unnecessary pollies?

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 May 2011, 23:06

Just send them to me, and I'll update data with the new ones.
Project Coordinator

Helena
Head of Quests

Postby Helena » 15 May 2011, 23:39

The stilt buildings might be useful for a town built by the waterside. Bravil or Leyawiin perhaps? (If we're keeping close to Oblivion lore for Bravil, those grimy textures for the buildings could be useful as well...)

SamirA

Postby SamirA » 15 May 2011, 23:52

Well, the stilt ones aren't in data but we have them if we want them later. No need to clutter it with them yet. Good points though.
Project Coordinator

Return to Dungeon & Common