ESO keep designs

Tile-Sets for locations not specific to any major towns or cities.
TerrifyingDaedricFoe
Head of Characters

ESO keep designs

Postby TerrifyingDaedricFoe » 20 Dec 2013, 16:57

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/12/20/creating-eso-cyrodiils-keeps

Could be useful if we wanted a different set for active forts in Colovia (possibly watchtowers and borderforts on the borders with Hammerfell, Valenwood and Elsweyr).
SamirA wrote:
Tarius wrote:This is entirely a matter of the Bethstapo that will burst in, yell STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM, and C&D us to death if we violate copyright.
Haha, bethstapo.

SamirA
P:C Coordinator

Re: ESO keep designs

Postby SamirA » 20 Dec 2013, 18:25

Not a bad place to start. Its just so obviously Gothic though where we want some Roman influence, so we would have to modify the concept a bit there.
Project Coordinator

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 21 Dec 2013, 00:05

Plus its supposedly 4000 years earlier.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Infragris
Head of Lore

Postby Infragris » 21 Dec 2013, 10:48

Pseudo-Gothic would be interesting if we explain it as an influence of Ayleid design. Sort of a reversal of the Classical/Medieval architectural values.

Tarius
Head of Modelling

Postby Tarius » 21 Dec 2013, 19:03

Infragris wrote:Pseudo-Gothic would be interesting if we explain it as an influence of Ayleid design. Sort of a reversal of the Classical/Medieval architectural values.

I dont know about that. The closest you can come is that there is some ribbing in ayleid structures but thats about it, there isnt anything else in common.
If we wanted influence of ayleid stuff, I would say that the forts should be rounded like they were in Oblivion. Ayleid structures have curves to them.(which is also a pain to model)
I kinda liked the forts from Oblivion, but they werent really that logical and seemed too primitive.

I think we need some art depicting some forts(specifically made for us perhaps?) and figure out how we want them to look.
Ah, Spanish castles.
http://www.hdwpapers.com/world_spain_av ... apers.html
See the round towers. I would go with something like that perhaps, instead of square blockish types.
However, because round stuff is more of a pain, I would go with something like this:
http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/ ... 5ba64e.jpg
Octagonal or whatever.
Tarius: I have now conquered the galaxy twice and am working on a third. Once thats out of me, I will be back to work.
TDF: Which game is that(I assume its a game and not real life)
The Khan: If it was real life, we would know about it. And I dont think he means this Galaxy.
Tarius: Yes, I really lead a secret double life where I am a galactic overlord.

Return to Dungeon & Common